The strategic selection of a Supervisory or Advisory Board can considerably strengthen a company’s performance potential. The members of the Supervisory or Advisory Board are managers – they can and should employ their know-how and their contacts proactively for the company. Knowledge that extends far beyond the local market as well as networks to suitably qualified senior executives are therefore indispensable for finding candidates who will be strategic additions to the Supervisory Board.
Amrop Jenewein will act as your sparring partner during the strategic formation of a Supervisory or Advisory Board. An executive search is always part of but not the sole criterion for success. We are happy to evaluate existing Supervisory or Advisory Boards with a view to training their input more directly to the benefit of the company and its objectives.
Objective criteria for filling Supervisory Board mandates and the profile for Supervisory Board members:
- Personal standing (ethical standards, social standing)
- Market access (knowledge of the industry, network)
- Commitment & availability (willingness to identify with the company, availability in terms of time, independence)
- No conflicts of interest (employees, customers, suppliers)
- Specific technical and business administration expertise (strategic controlling, balance sheet analysis)
- Knowledge of company law
- Ability to work in a team and professional experience abroad